* COLLECTION OR LOCAL DELIVERY ONLY*
The Ficus Lyrata Bambino, commonly known as the "Dwarf Fiddle Leaf Fig", is a smaller, more compact version of the popular Fiddle Leaf Fig tree. The leaves are its most notable feature, they are glossy and dark green with a leathery texture, shaped somewhat like a violin or fiddle, hence the name.
With the right care, your Ficus Lyrata Bambino should thrive and become a beautiful focal point in your space. Remember, every plant is unique, so it's essential to pay attention to its specific needs and adjust care accordingly.
- Prefers bright, indirect light but can tolerate some direct sunlight.
- Too little light can lead to drooping leaves, while too much direct sunlight can scorch them.
- Water when the top inch or two of soil is dry. It's important not to over-water, as this can lead to root rot.
- Reduce watering in the winter when the plant is not actively growing.
- Use well-draining soil to prevent standing water at the roots.
- Prefers higher humidity but is relatively adaptable.
- If you live in a dry environment, consider misting the leaves or placing a humidifier nearby.
- Prefers temperatures between 15-24°C.
- Avoid placing it near drafty windows or vents, as it's sensitive to sudden temperature changes.
- Fertilise every month during the growing season (spring and summer) with a general-purpose liquid houseplant fertiliser. Reduce feeding in fall and winter.
- You can prune to shape the plant and remove any damaged or yellowing leaves.
- Always use sharp, clean pruning tools.
- Keep an eye out for common houseplant pests like spider mites, mealybugs, and aphids.
- Wipe down leaves regularly with a damp cloth to remove dust and check for pests.
- Consider repotting every 2-3 years, or when the plant becomes root-bound.
- When repotting, choose a container that is 1-2 inches larger in diameter than the current pot and ensure it has good drainage.
Am I Pet Friendly?
- Sadly I am toxic to pets if ingested, so keep it out of reach of cats, dogs, and other curious animals.
- Wipe the large leaves with a damp cloth every so often to keep them free from dust. This helps the plant breathe better and also maintains its aesthetic appeal.
What size am I?
I am approx 95cm with a 19cm pot.