The variegated Peace Lily, also known as Spathiphyllum Diamond, is a popular houseplant known for its striking foliage. Unlike the traditional green-leaved Peace Lily, the variegated variety has leaves with creamy white or yellow stripes that add visual interest to the plant.
Where do I come from?
I am native to Colombia and Venezuela
Variegated Peace Lilies prefer bright, indirect light but can tolerate lower light conditions. Direct sunlight can scorch the leaves, so it's best to place the plant in a location with filtered light. A north-facing window or a spot a few feet away from an east- or west-facing window can be good options. If you notice that the plant is not getting enough light, you may notice that the leaves are turning yellow or brown, or that the plant is not flowering. On the other hand, if the plant is getting too much light, you may notice that the leaves are becoming pale or turning brown around the edges.
When it comes to watering the variegated Peace Lily, it's important to avoid both overwatering and underwatering. Overwatering can lead to root rot and other issues, while underwatering can cause the plant to wilt and the leaves to turn brown.
Check the soil: Before watering, check the top inch of soil with your finger. If it feels dry to the touch, it's time to water. If it's still moist, wait a few more days before checking again.
Water thoroughly: When you water, make sure to thoroughly saturate the soil until water drains out of the bottom of the pot.
Don't let the plant sit in water: After watering, make sure to empty any excess water from the saucer or tray underneath the pot to prevent the roots from sitting in standing water, which can cause root rot.
Variegated Peace Lilies prefer a humid environment, but they can tolerate normal indoor humidity levels. If the air in your home is particularly dry, you may want to consider increasing the humidity around the plant.
Not Pet Friendly
Variegated Peace Lilies are toxic to cats, dogs, and humans if ingested, as they contain calcium oxalate crystals that can cause mouth and throat irritation, difficulty swallowing, and vomiting. It's best to keep the plant out of reach of pets and children, or choose a different houseplant that is non-toxic if you have pets or young children in your home.
What size am I?
I come in a 14cm pot